Privacy law has become increasingly important in day-to-day business in recent years. Privacy law plays a significant role in every area of corporate business – be it the processing customer transactions, supplier relations, online and direct marketing, fraud prevention or in any way connected with employees.
Likewise in communications with the public and between contracting parties, the issue of data protection has created a mindset of expectations towards companies as an independent right – and not just through the imposition of attention-grabbing, public administrative penalties. Hence, privacy law has become a mandatory component of every business organisation and compliance strategy, and must be taken into account for entrepreneurial decisions and arrangements.
On 25 May 2016, the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) entered into force. By 25 May 2018, all processing of personal data must comply with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation – a task of particular importance with a view of the significant increase of fines for violations of data protection rules.
Consulting services of our lawyers for privacy law:
At dmp Rechtsanwälte, we have included privacy law in our fields of expertise and offer comprehensive legal advice and assistance. Here are some examples of our consulting services:
- Privacy training for your company in accordance with the needs of your company and/or training on specific issues
- Coaching and support of internal and external data protection officers
- Support for insolvency administrators in privacy matters
- Representation and protection of your interests in inquiries, requests for information and investigation by regulators
- Internal support in preparing for investigations by regulators
Multidisciplinary consulting services by privacy lawyers at dmp
Our privacy lawyers offer tailor-made legal advice. As a client, you can profit from the possibility to draw from our expertise in other relevant fields of the law, such as labour law, banking law, corporate law, commercial law, insolvency law, criminal law, agency and competition law in conjunction with the privacy issues as required by your individual requirements. As a multidisciplinary team, our experts have prepared an opinion for the BvD Berufsverband der Datenschutzbeauftragten (professional association of data protection officers) on the role of data protection officers in the General Data Protection Regulation (https://www.bvdnet.de/gutachten-des-bvd-zu-stellung-pflichten-und-haftung-des-dsb-in-der-ds-gvo/, last updated: 20 April 2018) and on the guideline ‘Durchsuchung als wichtiger Bestandteil der IT-Security-Policy’ (search as an important element of IT security policy) on behalf of EuroCloud Deutschland_eco e.V. (https://www.eurocloud.de/2018/dokumente/durchsuchung-wichtiges-element-der-it-security-policy.html, last updated: 20 April 2018). Our legal experts are represented on the board of the professional association of data protection officers and of EuroCloud and have a proven track record as sought-after authors and speakers on privacy law.
Further information on the subject of data protection
- Der Asset‐Deal und die DS‐GVO: Leichter als gedacht – oder doch nicht?
- Ein Überblick über die EU-Datenschutz-Grundverordnung anhand von 20 Fragen und 20 Antworten
- DS-GVO „Readiness Check“ – Herausforderungen für das Unternehmen
- DS-GVO „Readiness Check“ – Fragebogen zur Umsetzung der DS-GVO
- DS-GVO „Readiness Check“ – Checkliste Vertragsinhalte einer Auftragsverarbeitung
- Zum Datenschutzrecht – dmp Newsletter 2017
Publications on the topic of Privacy Law